How big is baby? Features/Changes? We have an appt with the pediatricians nurse on Thursday, for a few more of Garett’s shots, so I am hoping to they a weight and height check on him. My mom says that he is filling out more and more, every time she sees him. I noticed just tonight that he is getting a roll just above his knee caps. (since this post was written but not posted in a timely matter and therefore has been back dated a few days, I do have the weight and height check results. He weights 14# 14 oz and is 25 1/4 inches long)
Movement/Gestures? We were playing with his rattle yesterday and after touching his palm with it, he grasped it and then proceeded to randomly shake it for a couple minutes before letting it go. He has also started doing this “flirty” little smile. You can talk to him and he gets a big smile on his face and then ducks it towards one shoulder or the other, like he’s playing shy. And then will slowly look back at you to see if you are still watching him. He’s learning how to work the ladies already. We better watch out…we have a heartbreaker on our hands
Sleep? He has been on a pretty solid schedule of waking up at 1:30 am this week. And almost as often, he has been waking up again at 4:30 am for another one. I have been trying to keep a close eye on his sleepy signals in the evening and getting him to bed ASAP after that. I can’t say that his bedtime gotten into any kind of routine, but I am looking forward to implement some sleep training in the next few weeks if necessary. Tonight he went down at 7:15 am…guess we’ll see how that one shakes out? Will it help him sleep longer through the night because he isn’t overtired or will he get up for his nighttime feeding that much sooner??
Best Moment of the Week? Picking him up from daycare today and having him give me that big beautiful smile of his.
Milestones: Starting daycare today He did a lot better than mom did! 3 months of exclusive breastfeeding!!
Temperament? Happy baby. Even the daycare teachers made comment how content he is and that he only cried during tummy time (he hates that so much).
What I'm looking forward to? Getting into a routine now that I back at work full time.
Emotions? I am still struggling being back at work. Jeff and I talked some this weekend and we agreed that we will see how things go for the next month and then reassess at that time whether working fulltime is the best thing for our family.
Stories we’ll tell for years to come: He pooped, or should I say exploded, on me this weekend. After a bout of some tummy troubles, he finally pooped and was calming down from the crying jag that went with the upset belly. I was holding him and soothing him for a few more minutes before taking him in for a diaper change when I felt him start to go again. I started to say “Good job buddy” because I was happy he was getting the source of his pain out of his system, but before I got the phrase out I felt a warm and wet sensation on my arm and torso. Looking down I saw that his diaper had blown out the side, leaking onto my arm, my shirt and down the only pair of jeans I had up north. Holding him up, as well as my shirt, trying to contain the mess, I looked at Jeff asking him to help me. “No way” he said, “I am not touching poop.” Eventually I coerced him into wiping the stuff from my pants so that I didn’t inadvertently smear it on anything else while setting Garett down and working to change him.
What I miss? Kissing my baby full on his cute little lips because of this beastly cold I have. Can’t wait to be better and have my kissing privileges back.
Weekly Wisdom: To cut yourself a break sometimes, you can’t be super Mommy all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment