Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fourteen Weeks

How Old? 14 Weeks

How big is baby? Features/Changes? As I mentioned last week, he was 14# 14 oz and 25 ¼ inches long at his appt last week. His eyes have stayed a bright beautiful blue (I swear they get even bluer by the day) and most everyone he meets comments on this feature. He has two definitive rolls in each thigh and a cute, but chubby butt.

Movement/Gestures? He is actively grasping anything he can get his hands on…and just as often putting what he gets his hands on, into his mouth and if that doesn’t work, then the hands themselves go into his mouth :) He has been sitting in his bumbo seat, both at home and at daycare, and he has also been sitting in an exersaucer while there as well. Guess we will have to break ours out for him sooner than I thought. He is also recognizing his reflection and my face through the mirror.

Sleep? He has still been on a pretty consistent schedule of getting up at 1:30 or 2:00 am for a feeding. I can get him back to bed pretty easily and then he will sleep until I wake him up around 6:15 to get him ready for daycare. We are still trying to figure out the best night time routine, but generally he is asleep between 8-8:30.

Best Moment of the Week? Spending the weekend up north with friends. Our friends have a 4 yr old son who kept telling us how cute Garett was and a 2 y old daughter who was happy to give him kisses on the chin.

Milestones: Not a positive milestone, but he has his first cold 

Temperament? Been a bit temperamental this week, especially in the evening. I think this is due to his cold, the congestion and the snot draining down the back of his throat. And he gets REALLY crabby when I try to clear his nostrils with the bulb syringe.

What I'm looking forward to? Getting into a routine now that I back at work full time.

What I miss? Time with him. The couple hours after work and before he goes to bed go way too fast.

Emotions? Still not certain that I am doing the right thing by working full time. I am not enjoying being back at work like I thought I would. Anyone have any suggestions for part time options?? LOL



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment