Monday, May 2, 2011

King of his Crib

Last night a major milestone was met, both to my excitement and dismay. Garett slept in his own room, in his crib... all night long!

I was pretty apprehensive and sad to move him in there, but he did GREAT. Slept all night...well, if you consider 4am to be all night, which at this point, I do, then yes, he slept through the night.

Hubby has been ready to move him for the last couple of weeks due to his knack of waking us up with his morning grunts, necessary when he is trying to "take care of business." (this boy has a pretty regular schedule...if you get my drift) I on the other hand was not quite ready to have him in his room, on the other side of the house. So we agreed that we would move him when we returned from our first weekend up north. And since the pack and play went up north and stayed there, I really had no choice but to place him in his crib last night. (Hubby played that one pretty well since if the option was available, I probably would have caved and kept him in our room just a little longer.)

As much as I missed him being with us, I will admit it felt good to get our own space back. I was able to turn the lights on bright, watch some TV before going to bed and talk (not whisper)to Jeff before lights out for the night.

Now if we could just get him to nap for more than an hour in that same crib...{sigh} baby steps.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment