How big is baby? Features/Changes? Got on the scale with him the other day and I would say he is a solid 14.5 lbs! His thighs are getting rolls and his tummy is getting quite full and round.
Movement/Gestures? Kicking his legs up and over to the side. He started rolling over onto his side this Saturday. Definitely a fist sucker…he puts that thing in his mouth as often as he can. He is also blowing spit bubbles from his mouth.
Sleep? Some good nights where he is sleeping until 5 and then some nights where he is getting up at 2 or 3. I have to get up to pump in the middle of the night and I swear he lies in wait until just after I climb back into bed and then decides it is a good time to get up for a late night snack...after the stash has just been emptied. We had to break out the bottle a few times this week. Guess we need to coordinate our schedules a bit better :)
Best Moment of the Week? Coming home to him after my first day back at work.
Milestones: Spending his first full day away from mom, who started work again yesterday :( At least he got to spend the whole day with grandma. I am sure he appreciated it, but I can’t explain how much better it made me feel every time I was sad for being away from him
Temperment? Overall a happy baby.
What I'm looking forward to? Getting a more predictable routine down, now that I am back to work and carving out time to spend with him.
How I'm Feeling Overall: On one hand, I enjoyed being back at work and using the adult part of my brain, but was very sad to leave him for the whole day. I cried as I said goodbye to him in the morning and then several times on the way to work. The day went pretty fast, but I couldn’t get home fast enough afterwards. He needed to be fed when I got home and it was great to have that one on one contact and closeness with him after being apart all day long!
Emotions? I struggle with the thought of going back to work full time knowing that most of his waking hours throughout the week will not be spent with me. Guess I have to find a way to be really efficient at getting the necessities done so that I can spend the bulk of my time with him on the weekends. I feel so scared that I am going to lose that connection with him. It kills me to think he will be sharing those smiles and milestone moments with someone other than me, and most likely before he shares them with me.
What I miss? My time off and having the day to spend only with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment