Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Twelve Weeks

How Old? 12 Weeks

How big is baby? Features/Changes? He seems to get bigger every day. I got home from work today and I swear he had filled out even more while I was gone!! It is no longer very easy to one-arm carry him. When I am nursing him, he easily fits across my whole lap and then some. He is not only filling out, but getting so long. There is not much extra length, even in some of the 6 months sleepers he is in!! Yikes…he will be wearing the 9 month Halloween clothes I purchased in mid July already, just so that they don’t go to waste :) LOL!

Movement/Gestures? Lots of leg kicking. He has spun himself around 180 degrees in his crib just by kicking his legs up and over to the side. He has a tendency to roll onto his side as he is chasing his fist, trying to put it in his mouth. Either that or he plants his face into the blanket, sucking his fist or even the blanket itself…I think in an attempt to find the boob. He is also making the connection with his hand and realizing that he can actively grasp things. During playtime yesterday, he got a hold of a link on the plastic chain I was dangling in front of him. His eyes got wider and I could almost hear the wheels in his head turning when he pulled on the chain and saw that the chain and my hand had moved closer to him. Watching himm learn is just the most amazing thing!!

Sleep? Still spotty on whether he sleeps through the night or not, but generally I get a good 6 hours between feedings, even on a bad night 

Best Moment of the Week? Having him giggle at me when we were playing together this weekend.

Milestones: Getting his three month pictures taken. Giggling at me when he was awake…not sleepy giggles like he has done in the past.

Temperment? Overall a happy baby. Gets a bit fussy when he is overtired and then fights sleep even more. We really need to start catching him before he gets to that point and laying him in his crib so he can learn to drift off to sleep without our assistance.

What I'm looking forward to? Feeling OK about going back to work. Everyone says it will get easier, but right now I seriously have my doubts!

Emotions? I am struggling being back at work. The first day back, it was hard to leave him, but overall the day went pretty fast and I enjoyed catching up with my co-workers. Then I worked again on Thursday and there were some more tears in the morning, as I expected, however the day was much less pleasant. By Thursday afternoon, I felt this heavy weight pressing down on my chest every time I thought about him and by the end of the day, I practically had to run to my car before I dissolved in tears. I sobbed most of the way home and just kept thinking that working full-time was just.not.worth.it. All of the options were running through my head and I actually went as far as to restructure our budget this weekend to see if we could make it on one income. Unfortunately we can’t swing it, so I can either consider part time or find a way to be more flexible with my hours at work. I guess we’ll see how it goes. Just praying it gets easier…and FAST!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment