How big is baby? At her 4 month check up she weighed in at 14# 5 oz and she was 25.5” long. Almost two inches in the last two months! That is some crazy growing! She is still in the 90th percentile for her height and her weight is somewhere above the 50th percentile. Seems like she will be long and lean like her momma :)
Features/Changes? She continues to drool up a storm, but no sign of teeth. Aside from the drool, she has been sharing her laughter with us. Watching her brother do something funny, or receiving tickles under the chin or near the armpits can make her giggle. Such a sweet sound to hear!!
Movment/Gestures? She can now roll both ways. During a visit to Grandma & Grandpa’s house this weekend, she rolled from her belly to her back. Grandma said she got the biggest smile on her face when she accomplished that one. I am not surprised since being on her belly far from her favorite position!
Sleep? We have fallen into a pattern. She wakes in the middle of the night, I get her out of bed and bring her in with us, we nurse and then both fall asleep until 5 or 6. It is so hard to get my butt out of bed when I have a sweet little angel curled up next to me.
Milestones: Rolling over the other direction, 4 months of exclusive breastfeeding
Temperament? Happy baby! I can’t explain how content she is. As long as she gets fed on a regular basis, has her nuk and is part of the action, she is just happy to sit back and watch. This has been quite helpful as her big brother comes into his terrible two’s and requires much hands on attention.
How I'm Feeling Overall: Exhausted and just plain crazy! I don’t know how I am going to keep up this pace for the next several years. There is just not enough time in a day!! Oh well…just thinking about it makes me tired, so I am moving on! I keep reminding myself to enjoy the little moments…the pockets of time where I get to read a book with them, or get to tickle them and bring them to laughter, or even those late night feedings where I get an extra opportunity to snuggle. Those are the things that I am going to miss down the road, so instead of wishing away the time, hoping for a time where things are less chaotic, I am trying to enjoy the stage we are currently in. The good the bad and the ugly parts of it! I have also been focusing on not getting upset when things don’t go as planned. I am finding that the only thing I can plan on is that nothing will go as I envisioned. If I don’t set expectations for certain things then I can’t get upset… now can I? I definitely need to remember this one on a daily basis.
And here are her 4 month pictures:
You can see the two differing hair styles that she rocks...straight and curly cue!!
No comments:
Post a Comment