Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sp - EGG - tacular

My baseline appt went very well this morning. They didn't find anything they shouldn't have, like a cyst or other obstruction, and the lining of my uterus was not too thick. (of course given the Lupron bleed I am experiencing, this is exactly what I would expect)

They did find 14 tiny follicles, 7 on each ovary, ready and just waiting to be stimmed. (For those of you unfamiliar with the IVF process, these are what will grow with the meds and hopefully contain an egg which can then be retrieved and potentially fertilized.) My nurse said these were higher than average numbers, which I was so happy to hear!! (I have always been a bit of an overachiever...though I don't think I contributed much to this outcome.) My bloodwork levels were good also (though I didn't bother to get the number at this point...I'll wait until next week to start obsessing over those values)

So, I am all set for starting the ovarian stimulation meds on Saturday. They have me taking Menopur and Bravelle. We'll see how the next few days go. I can't believe we will be at the ER (egg retrieval) stage in roughly two weeks. AAAAHHHHH!!! This is finally, really happening!!!


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your appointment went so well. Best of luck. Hoping for the best.

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everything is perfect!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! I'm glad everything is looking so good.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the overachiever comment. I said the same thing to the nurse who took my blood on Wednesday after my veins popped up instantaneously!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy tears for you this morning and continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best for your cycle and I hope you get a healthy baby from it! Happy ICLW! ICLW #50

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, so glad to hear everything went smoothly today!!! You'll be there before you know it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear good news out of a baseline U/S! One day at a time - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Such great news! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete