Friday, May 21, 2010

Green

Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance.

A lot of the books, forums, and advice I have read, tell you to be sure and pamper yourself a little extra during the IVF process. So in true fashion, the start of my Lupron shots on Tuesday, was closely followed by a relaxing spa pedicure on Wednesday. A girl in entitled, right..? Ashley, my hopefully-someday-soon-to-be-sister-in-law (say that three times) joined me and it was fun to catch up, chat and unwind.

And when it came to choosing the color for my toenails, I chose Green.

It’s not that I think the color of my toenails is going to make or break the process, but it can’t hurt, can it?? I figure I might as well pull out all the stops on my sanity now and then maybe it won’t be so rough in a couple of weeks.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I'm sending you green positive thoughts !
    When I have a pedicure, I always feel better. So it may not be the factor that gets it done in all your process but it can make you feel more confident, beautiful !
    ICLW #44

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green! A pedicure is the perfect way to start an IVF cycle. ICLW #137

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of pampering...and the green! I wish you all the best through this IVF. I just added your link. Happy ICLW! (#94)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green! Everyone should take time for a little pampering!

    ICLW #134

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls! I typically play it safe with this sort of thing and stick to the pinks or reds, but out of the ordinary has turned out to be quite fun. Everyone who sees them are commenting on my toes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love green - it is by far my favourite colour! Good choice and well done you for pampering yourself. IVF can suck and it's good to do something to treat yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your nails, and wish you all the best on your upcoming adventure :)

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete