Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fortune Teller

The Chinese have proclaimed it and I am choosing to believe it!!

Does it really matter that my good fortune came in the form of a small white paper tucked safely inside of a sugary crescent shaped cookie?




I am taking this as a positive sign for the near future!!!
_______

In other news, I am on Day 6 of my stim shots and things are going as well as can be expected.  I haven't found the taking of the shots to be that difficult. Granted I do feel like someone has been using my stomach as a punching bag on a daily basis. I generally feel bruised at each injection site for a day or two, but other than that, I am handling that part pretty well.

The emotional side effects have not been terrible, though that has been rapidly changing over the course of the last day or two. I can swing from weepy sad to pissed, bite your head off in a mere minute. I am typically a pretty rational person, so the major mood swings are making me a bit uncomfortable. (Heck, I am walking on egg shells with myself...I can't imagine how hubby must be feeling.)

The physical side effects have also not been horrible at this point, but they are there nonetheless. I still have the constant headache, but the intensity comes and goes. I have also started experiencing hot flashes the last two days. Not the I need to rip my clothes off this instant type, but they do bring me to the verge of sweating. Oh the joys!!

I had my first b/w (blood work) done on Tuesday, which was Day 4 of the stims. Tuesday afternoon I got a call from my nurse, informing me that they were increasing my dose of Bravelle from 4 vials to 6. This is my current daily mix of meds:



Today I had more b/w done as well as an u/s (ultrasound) to take a peek at how the follicles are growing. The count is now up to roughly 16 between both ovaries. They are growing slow and steady, which I guess is a good thing. Hopefully that means there will be more mature, quality eggs at the time of retrieval, which can only increase our chances of success. They kept my dose of meds at the 6 vials, but I do have to go in tomorrow for another round of b/w and u/s.

I am very curious to see how things will progress in 24 hours. I promise I won’t be radio silent for another week; I’ll give an update this weekend!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I really hope the fortune cookie was right. Talk about the right message turning up at the right time to give you hope and carry you through a cycle.

    ReplyDelete