Monday, May 17, 2010

Drugs

Tomorrow marks a new milestone in this journey. I get to start my first round of injectible meds.

I received my FedEx box of drugs on Friday and tore into it like a crack whore needing her next fix...(OK, that was probably a little extreme) but who would have thought I would be that excited about shooting up???

See all the fun I get to have... :)


I met with my nurse early this morning to get training on measuring out the dosage, mixing the meds and giving the injections. At this point, I am not that worried about giving myself the shots, but we'll see how the next few days go.

Don't worry...I'll keep you posted :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Good luck lady...just remember ICE is your friend!!! I iced before injections & it made a huge difference, also try to relax the muscle before the injection if you tense up it will make it worse. Thinking of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.... the things we do for our children, eh? ;) good luck hon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, Jaim! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete