We initially went in yesterday to get blood drawn before Jeff had to head back to Oklahoma. (Isn’t our nurse so sweet to come in on a Sunday afternoon and take care of this for us?? Really, we couldn’t ask for a better nurse!)
Well, neither of us was really thinking that there might be some dehydration issues after a night of drinking with our family and friends and therefore didn’t do anything to hydrate …ie plump up our veins… on Sunday morning before blood draws. After a little wiggling around, our nurse was able to get into Jeff’s vein and draw enough blood. Being the good wife that I am, I most definitely contained my giggles as he winced and writhed in pain. I must admit, that I usually do not have much sympathy for his aversion to needles. (Mean…I know!!), but I did feel pretty bad when he turned white as a sheet. I am definitely thankful it only took the one try for him!! He barely survived that draw, I can’t imagine if she would have had to poke him again.
I, on the other hand, wasn’t so lucky. The 3rd time was definitely not a charm for me and we finally decided to cut our losses. I had to go in again this morning for round number 4. After guzzling 48 oz of water between 4:30 and 7:00 am, the draw went without a hitch and our vials of blood are now on their way to Minnesota. Now we just have to sit tight until next Friday when we have our Program Start meeting. After that we will have a better idea of how the rest of the cycle will play out.
Praying that all goes well through this process and praying that you guys FOR SURE qualify for the HOPE program!!!
ReplyDeleteBIG HUGS coming your way and many, many prayers. God will bless you when the time is right, I know that from experience!
ReplyDeleteDrink your coffee if it keeps you grounded. Maybe cut back to one cup every other day! At least it is something.
Luv ya! Kristy