How big is baby? She has surpassed her birth weight. At her 2 week check-up she was 9# 4oz and now 21” long. It is crazy how fast they grow. A ½” inch in just two weeks. Wow!
Features/Changes? Movment/Gestures? Still pretty laid back and doesn’t do a whole lot of moving around unless she is crying…then the arms and legs can get a moving :) She does like to stick out her tongue and root for the boob, on what still feels like a constant basis.
Sleep? We have been having our good and bad n ights. Some nights I only get up twice to feed her with a solid two hours, maybe even three hours in between feeding and then other nights she cluster feeds and I am up for a straight 3 hours just feeding, burping, changing diapers. She pretty much sleeps when she isn’t eating during the day and so far I haven’t done anything to alter that pattern, but might need to start engaging her a bit more to keep her awake more during the day rather than at night.
Best Moment of the Week? I don’t know if I can pick out just one. Mostly seeing how much her big brother loves her. He is constantly pointing her out, asking to “ho her,” and loves to give her kisses on the head. If she is crying and I don’t respond immediately, he will run over by me and pull me towards her. So sweet. Definitely a much better situation than the jealousy ridden one I envisioned :)
Milestones: Surpassing her birth weight. Getting newborn pictures done. Umbilical cord fell off.
Temperament? Aside from when she is hungry or just wants to be held, she is pretty laid back.
What I'm looking forward to? Getting out and about for some errands..but will still hold off for 2 weeks before bringing her in any large crowd, like a store. Also looking forward to introducing a bottle so I can run an errand alone, but will wait another two weeks for that as well to make sure breast feeding is well established.
Emotions? Up and down…still trying to figure out the work or stay home situation and feel like I am running out of time already :( That is stressing me out a bit.
Anyhow, here she is!

No comments:
Post a Comment