How big is baby? At her 2 day weight and color check she weighed in at 8# 9oz. Almost back to her birth weight. YAY!
Features/Changes? Although she is definitely her own little person, I just can’t get over how much she resembles her brother, especially with the facial expressions she makes. Granted she has a ton of hair, probably as much as he had a 1 year, so that is one major difference. I also think she has her daddy’s nose rather than her mommy’s. It will be interesting to put some of their pictures side by side and see the similarities and differences.
Movment/Gestures? Can’t say she does a whole lot of moving…aside from rooting for the boob, which seems to be constantly over the last few days.
Sleep? Have definitely not been getting a lot of that. Over the weekend, I would be lucky if I logged an hour total either night. There are several times I actually fell asleep while I nursed her in the chair. This scares the daylights out of me....
Best Moment of the Week? Finally getting to meet her! The moment she was born and they laid her on my chest. As I said many times throughout my pregnancy, that girls scare me. I still think that might be true, but I already can’t imagine our life without her. She has filled a spot in my heart I didn’t think could get any fuller :)
Temperament? Not sure if her current disposition is a good indicator or not (thinking no, but hoping it could be true). Aside from when she is hungry, she doesn’t make a peep. She sleeps A LOT, especially if someone is holding her.
Stories we’ll tell for years to come: Her birth story. Still in awe how different an experience it was from her brother’s birth.
What I'm looking forward to? Getting some sleep…at least a solid hour or two.
Weekly Wisdom: Sleep when the baby sleeps. Oh, if only I could follow this advice. Though with the holidays…and having a toddler underfoot, that is quite a lot harder than the first time around.
Weight loss for Mommy? I gained 53 lbs throughout this pregnancy. I am down 30lbs already. It is truly amazing how the body transforms with pregnancy, both before and after. It will be interesting to see if the weight comes off the same as last time. Hoping that breastfeeding is as helpful in that area as it was the first time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment