Wednesday, January 9, 2013

3 weeks...where is time going?

How Old? 3 Weeks

How big is baby? She is now 9# 13 oz. Gaining weight at a healthy rate, which means Momma is doing her job with the milk machine :)

Features/Changes? She is definitely filling out. Still has chunky cheeks, though they don’t seem as prominent since the rest of her is bulking up.

Movment/Gestures? Still has quite the startle reflex when sleeping. After a little “scare” she will flail her arms out and then so daintily let them settle back down into a just so position (like the picture below) When awake, which I still feel isn’t that often, she likes to look around. She seems to have pretty good head control for her age and will often keep her head up right and look around for quite some time when perched on one of my shoulders.

Sleep? Usually I get about 2 hrs of sleep in between feedings. Sometimes 3hrs if I am lucky, but sometimes less. Had to find a few more shows to record on the DVR so that I have something to keep me awake in the middle of the night. Also trying to work on napping during the day instead of just getting stuff done while she sleeps. As much as that pains me, it does make the nights a little easier. I just keep telling myself that this will pass…and all too quickly if I remember from experience, though it is hard to have that perspective at 1 or 2 am.

Milestones: Though this isn’t a good one, she has her first cold. Boo! It started on Monday. As hard as I tried for her not to get it from one of us, she did anyhow. Mostly just stuffed up, but it has been affecting her eating a bit because she can’t breathe through her nose very well when at the breast. Have had to use the nasal aspirator a few times and boy does she hate that. Being only three weeks old, her nasal passages are so small, it is no easy job getting the tube up there to actually suck the gunk out, but when I do, it makes all the difference. Think she may be turning the corner, praying she continues to improve!

Temperament? Still pretty laid back, except when she is hungry!

What I'm looking forward to? Introducing the bottle so that Momma can get out for a bit…even if it is to the grocery store. One more week to go :) Also looking forward to getting our "New Year's" cards out in the mail so that we can show our baby cakes off to everyone. Since we didn't have a chance to get Christmas cards in the mail, we are sending New Years cards instead and having them double as a birth announcement!

Emotions? Can’t believe how fast time is going…and trying not to stress about it. Still trying to figure out the work thing. Praying for an answer, but haven ‘t seemed to find one yet.

Weight loss for Mommy? Excited to say that I was able to squeeze myself into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans today. Yes, they were a little snug, but not so much that I couldn’t wear them for a few hours. I needed a break from having the A$$ of my maternity pants hanging to my knees because they are so big. It was a nice change. Still not able to get my wedding ring back on. Not sure if my knuckle is swollen or what, but that part kind of bums me out. For now, I will just keep wearing the fake adjustable one :)


As you can see, I am already getting the "Let's be done with this picture thing" look :)

And here are a few others from this week, just for fun!

Her contemplative look :)


"Mommy, let me hold her!"  The child would surely pull her off my lap, if I let him. He is so infatuated with his sister!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment