I chose a Saturday mid afternoon appt so that we wouldn't have to fight to be ready too early in the morning or hit the mid morning rush of appts. Little did I know, about a week prior to the appt, G decides that he likes taking long afternoon naps and 2:00 would fit squarely into that schedule.
Sure enough, I pack him into his car seat, off to the mall we go and 5 minutes into the drive he is out like a light. The last thing I want to do is wake him up...likewise, the last thing I want to (or can) do is reschedule. Fortunately (or so I think) he wakes up just as we walk into the studio, but boy is he UNHAPPY. My mom is with me and we head to the bathroom to get him into his first outfit. The second she lays him on the changing table he starts screaming bloody murder...literally like someone is ripping his toenails out...one-by-painstaking-one. I am in a panic and about ready to call it quits and just walk out the door. I am extremely frustrated and having flashbacks from his 4 hour newborn shoot where he didn't cooperate, wouldn't sleep and cried most of the time as well. How was I ever going to make him understand my ultimate love of pictures and how important it was that he cooperate so that I could get all the cute baby pictures I have been dreaming of for the past several years.
Removing him from the bathroom seemed to do the trick as we were able to get him changed and keep the tears at bay. He wasn't all smiles for the pictures like I had hoped, but we got some great shots nontheless and now I wouldn't change them for anything.









He is such a handsome little man!!! Pictures at this age can def be hard and what stinks is they give all kinds of smiles and laughs at home but when you want them to do it...it doesnt happen:( Your pics turned out wonderful regardless. Hope you guys are doing well!!!
ReplyDelete