How big is baby? Features/Changes? I’d say he weighs a good 16 lbs by now. He is just about grown out of his size 2 diapers. His hair continues to get thicker on the top middle portion of his head. Just enough to make that mini-mohawk. Not sure how long he is, but he is just about grown out of a few of his 6 month sleepers.
Movement/Gestures? Last week he rolled over in his sleep…I had just lain him back in his crib after his middle of the night feeding and was watching to make sure he wasn’t going to fuss himself awake. He turned on his side, gave another kick of his legs and over he went. He was swaddled, so I worried about him not having his hands to push his face out of the mattress with…needles s to say, we no longer swaddle his arms. And then yesterday he actually rolled over during playtime at daycare. Jeff picks him up from daycare so I didn’t find out until I was reading through his daily sheet and then I just started bawling. I am so happy for him to have reached this milestone, but it killed me not have been there when it happened. I may have mentioned this in previous posts, but he is definitely a thumb sucker now. He sometimes still tries to gum the whole fist, but quite regularly I catch the thumb in the mouth. I have tried to replace it with the nuk, but to no avail. He will take the nuk occasionally, but prefers to chew on his own digits.
Sleep? Things have been all over the board the past couple weeks. We have been experimenting with different bedtimes, trying to find the one that works best for him, keeping him from getting overtired and keeping him sleeping the longest before his night feeding. I am fairly certain the “sweet spot” is roughly around 7:30 pm…depending how his day went. Some nights he has slept for 8 hours before waking up to eat, but then has also only slept for 3, getting up at 12:30 for a feeding and again at 4:30, just before the alarm goes off….boy is that rough! We are working on being consistent and getting him to bed near the 7:30 hour…hopefully it pays off. As for naps, he has been pretty consistent with taking a 2-3 hour nap at some point during the day, sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. Granted there are the days here and there that he only does catnaps…sleeping anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
Best Moment of the Week? Spending Jeff’s first Father’s Day up north with my brother and his family. And learning about Garett rolling over. Been working with him to do it again the past two nights. He almost got there tonight, but couldn’t quite get his arm out of the way…probably because it was in his mouth yet again
Milestones: Rolling over!!!!
Temperament? Overall a very happy baby. The ladies at daycare comment on how good a baby he is all the time. We are learning that he tends to get ornery in the evening if we let him get overtired and overstimulated. As hard as it is to put him to bed early, that is what is best for him and keeps all of us happy.
What I miss? Time...just time in general. Having time to just play with him....having time to do the laundry...having time to do something for myself...having time to just sit and talk with hubby. Since I have gone back to work, time is just flying. I feel like I don't have adequate time to get ANYTHING accomplished and each day is just an endless process of getting ready for the next day to come. UGH...please tell me it gets better!
Stories we’ll tell for years to come: Looking back, these stories always seem to center around pooping. ..oh well, here goes anyways! Garett had a MAJOR blowout at daycare yesterday while sitting in the exercauser. The poop shot nearly up to his neckline. He was so dirty that they decided it was best to strip him down and give him a bath in the sink. The dirty clothes go into a bag for us to take home and clean (lucky mom for getting to clean those clothes out) Jeff however forgot to grab the bag of poop clothes before he headed home, so when he brought the clothes home tonight, it was extra fun to try and clean them out before throwing into the wash machine.
And here are his weekly pictures for the past two weeks:
15 weeks
16 weeks
LOL exersaucer poop! Exersaucers are notorious for causing those lovely back blowouts. :)
ReplyDelete