Friday, October 8, 2010

Introducing Baby B



I am in complete awe right now! We just got back from our ultrasound and it was so amazing to see the baby and how developed he/she is.

Schmoopie is one active little stinker...and perfect in every way possible!!!

We got to see all the ins and out of all the little parts...the brain, the heart, the diaphram, stomach, kidneys, legs, arms, hands, feet, spine, ribs, nose, kissable little lips and even the tongue sticking in and out. It was so cool!!!

Due to the fullness of my bladder, baby was literally folded in half when we first got started. Feet were at or above the head. I think the kid might be taken to sucking on its toes already :) About halfway through, I got to go to the bathroom and then Schmoopie was really able to move around. We saw the arms and legs waving around, kicking and punching.

We also got to hear the heartbeat, which makes me tear up every time. Heart rate was at 150, which is pretty consistent with where it has been the last several times. In general, that rate is pretty much in the middle, which doesn't give a clue on gender either way.

As you can tell from my non-gender references, we did not find out the gender. Although a small part of me was curious, the drive to find out did not prevail and we will have a suprise come March. If I had to make a guess as to what we are having, I would say boy. Not sure how good my "intuition" is and I may just eat my words in a few months, but that is what I am going with for now!

Now on to some more of the really good stuff....

Since baby was so active, it was very hard for the tech to get a good 3-D picture, but here are two attempts that didn't look completely alien.





Both our nurse and Dr asked if we think baby looks more like one or the other of us and I honestly can't say that it jumps out at me. Only thing I do think is that Schmoopie has my nose...poor kid!

And here is the foot up by the head...wish I was even close to being that flexible!



And a shot of the face.



I also added a 19 week belly shot. I am going to ask my mom to take a better picture which includes more of me this weekend. Hubby tries, but he is not patient enough to take enough pictures for me to actually like how I look :)



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love it, and you look fantastic! I think the second 3D pic looks a little boy-ish myself...then again, Ethan totally looked like a boy in-utero! Can't wait til March to meet Schmoopie and find out for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good for 19 weeks! Great 3-d pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an Amazing and Awesome Appt:) You are good for not finding out what you are having...Im not into surprises after all we have been through and Im such a planner that there was no way I wasnt finding out what this baby was:).....Funny you make that comment abt your hubby....Mine takes my weekly pics and I make him take several and he gets so annoyed with me but its hard to take a pic of a prego lady has to be just the right angle:) Any how I love all the pics of the baby so cute and you have a cute little prego belly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Jaime!!!! Love the pics!! I'm so glad you had a great ultrasound.... and ever "gladder" for you that you were able to keep the gender a secret. he he he

    ReplyDelete