Waiting and worrying; worrying and waiting. This is what I get to look forward to for the next week. (Come to think of it, if all works out as we hope it does, it’s what I get to look forward to for the next couple of decades… and beyond. Guess I should get used to it…heck, I should revel in the promise of it!)
For now I worry about the little things:
What if I got up to go to the bathroom too many times during my bed rest? What if those embabies didn’t get a chance to settle in because I moved around too much?
What if my bouts of laughing with hubby somehow dislodged them? Or perhaps that cough… or episode of sneezing?
What if the shower I finally got to take was too hot?
What if the watering can I used to water my flowers was over my lifting restrictions? What about my purse? (yes, I swear my purse has to weigh over 10# at times)
In the back of my mind I know that these fears are completely irrational. I mean c’mon, women all over the world get pregnant and stay pregnant while doing all these things. However, so far, I haven’t been fortunate enough to be one of those women, so cut me some slack in the rationality department, will ya?
And then I worry about the bigger things as well:
What if this doesn’t work? What if even entertaining that thought affects things?
How will I handle it? How will hubby handle it? Will it bring us closer together or slowly tear us apart?
How can I remain completely and utterly hopeful that this will work, yet prepare myself for the worst?
Although, I do have this tape running through my head… all.day.long, I am surprised at how well I am doing overall. There haven’t been too many moments when my emotions have gotten the best of me. I have been able to gain control and reason myself out of any “funky” thought path I may be heading down. I am hoping that perhaps my mind knows something I am not yet aware of.
Until then, I will just quietly worry...and wait.
Worrying and waiting with you...and saying lots of prayers!!! Love you!!! MOM
ReplyDeleteWe've been praying for you Jaime. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI know those feelings all to well! I also over analysed everything wondering if I did something wrong so that I would not get pregnant! Unfortunately it doesn't stop when you get pregnant, then you start worrying that somehow you can harm the baby... All the best for the rest of you wait, I'm praying for a healthy pregnancy for you!
ReplyDeleteHope the next few days go quick.
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate. I feel like time has been standing still lately.