Saturday, May 22, 2010

Adieu

Adieu is a French word meaning goodbye or farewell. However, unlike Au revoir, À bientôt, or Salut, the exclamation is typically used when you know that you won’t be seeing someone for a long time.

Appropriately, I say “Adieu” to a small little pack of white and green pills today. I am hoping that I do not see them for a long, long, long, time!! (preferably never)


Since I took my last BCP today, I now have just the Lupron injections until I get the go ahead to start the stimulating meds next Saturday. So far the shots have not been too tough. The needles I have to use for the Lupron are pretty small in guage and length and therefore don’t hurt much. The side effects I am starting to feel are far more annoying than the shots themselves. A dull headache is a pretty constant companion and I have been feeling the slight edge of added irritability for the last day or so. (To those of you I see regularly, I apologize…don’t say I didn’t warn you!!)

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Oh the Lupron side effects... so not fun! I found that drinking LOTS of water helped some. I always seem to have hot flashes too, so I always dressed in layers. Once I added stim meds, the side effects seemed better. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get through lupron with out too much agony!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best with your lupron shots! Good luck with everything!!

    Happy ICLW

    www.babywid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the water tip Patience! I do drink water, but I will kick it ip a notch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping for good results for this cycle!

    Happy ICLW!!
    #40 http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! for saying Good Bye to those pills!!!
    I am very excited for your cycle, and I hope it brings you the joy of that long-deserved BFP!!!

    Happy ICLW
    #155

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the good thoughts on this cycle! I am so excited to see what the future has in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate that I spent a total of MONTHS of time on BCPs for various IVFs and a FET. It seems so counterintuitive.

    Best of luck with your cycle!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you the very best of luck with this cycle. I hope you don't have to see those things again any time soon.

    ~ICLW#25

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try to get lots of rest. Lupron is so hard on your body. Best of luck with your cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy ICLW!

    I wish you the best of luck on your first round of injectibles...I can't wait to read some more good news from you in the near future!

    ICLW #11
    http://emi-harper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete