Just the other day, I was telling Jeff that if we did happen to get pregnant on our own, it would be on our terms to tell people the news this time around. There were so many people that knew we were doing IVF the last time, and were as anxiously awaiting the resutls as we were, that we had no choice but to let the cat out of the bag immedtiately. Getting pregnant on our own would mean the secret would be ours to keep for as long as we liked...or were able to. There would be no need to share until we were ready or felt safe to do so.
Now that we are actually in that situation, I find myself wondering how the hell I am going to keep this miraculous little secret for the next 8 weeks. Instead of wanting to guard it like a state secret, I want to jump up and shout it from the rooftops!!! Will I do that, of course not, but the thought has crossed my mind. I am so excited about our little miracle, and I want everyone else to be excited with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment