i am excited to say that he has graduated from crawling to walking. He took his first steps on March 31st and has made steady progress since then. Just yesterday he walked from our patio doors, where he was watching Daddy cut the grass, all the way to the bathroom, where I think he was telling me he was ready for his bath. He still alternates between walking and crawling about 50%of the time, but walking is slowly taking over as the preferred method. It is just so weird to see him come walking into a room after me. However, now that his reach is that much higher, we have defintely had to move a few things to higher ground. Let the fun begin!
Other than reaching that milestone, he went through a period where he was eating like.a.horse. I honestly fear for my grocery bill when he gets older. Things have slowed down to a more reasonable level, but a few weeks back there were a few an instances where I was shocked over what he shoveled in. For example, he ate 1/2 of a pizza (a thin crust frozen one...but still) and another night where he ate a whole pot pie by himself, as well as some fruit and some graham crackers afterwards. He is no doubt going to be a BIG boy.
Here is his 13 month picture. And yes, I do realize that he has on the same outfit he had on for his one year teddy bear pictures. I didn't realize that until halfway through taking the pictures and at that point, I wasn't even going to attempt to do anything about it. I am lucky I can get pictures of him these days, so addinga change of clothes in there prior to taking some more pictures would surely have been pushing my luck....so here you go. (Oh..and for now, I have given up on the chalkboard stating what age he is at. He only ends up wiping the chalk off the thing and rubbing it on the ground, so I decided to spare my self the frustration and just go with the bear)

No comments:
Post a Comment