First of all, I am thankful for a God who is watching over my son. He had an allergic reaction to some medication he was on, and although the Dr said it was the worst case of hives she has ever seen in a baby his age, the situation could have been much, much worse. Fortunately, the reaction never affected his airway, as it easily could have, given how much he broke out on his face and neck. i have been on pins and needles the last two days, trying not to freak out every time his breathing seems the least bit raspy or labored, but I continue to pray that the danger of a continued and severe reaction is behind us.
Second, I am thankful for my happy tempered child. Through all of this, he has kept his cool and continued smiling and laughing as he normally does. He hasn't really been itching at all either, just rubbing his left eye a bit more than normal. I keep doing my best to distract him so he doesn't open up any of the sores or make it worse.
Now I just pray that the rash clears up as quickly as possible, and that he has no lingering scars or effects from this.
Awww! Poor baby :(
ReplyDeleteoh Jaime!!! wow. i will def. add my prayers to yours. :(
ReplyDelete