Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Festivities

We had a busy and action packed Easter weekend and it all started on Friday afternoon.

We attended Garett's first church service for Good Friday. I was a little nervous to take him to church, but really wanted to go to a service some time during the Easter weekend. And I wasn't naive enough to think we would actually make the Sunday morning service. Heck, we're lucky we can
be ready to go by 10 on any given "normal" day. Fortunately my mom had a few hours off in the afternoon and was able to meet us there. He was pretty good and slept for most of the service, but right at the end he woke up and was hungry of course. Hungry = crabby and Crabby = crying. Luckily I had decided it would be best to sit in the chairs just outside of church and therefore his crying didn't bother anyone but me :) As soon as I could get his bottle together and in his mouth, the world was good again and he was quiet for the rest of the service.  It feels so good to have done this and have it go well.  I will not be so afraid to try and take him again in the near future.

Friday night, Aunt Ashley and Uncle Matt came over for our Annual Easter Egg Coloring event and with them they brought Garett his first Easter "bag."

Here he is "digging in" with Aunt Ashley.



It was so fun looking through the "bag" to see what he got. This year his Easter gifts were for Mom...next year they will be for him :) It will be interesting to get him involved in coloring eggs with us. In the meantime, we just let him entertain us with his coos and tortured him with a fashion show of the swimsuit and beach had he got in his Easter bag. (He also got a couple of books and a sand pail, shovel and beach towel to go with the swim trunks)

Doesn't he look adorable in his swimming ensemble.  I can't wait to see him in them up north this summer (if we ever get summer this year )




Here is what Garett thinks of his swim trunks.  What a ham!!!



On Saturday night, Jeff and I actually went out to eat at Applebees and took him with us. He was great and slept the whole time we were in the restaurant. Jeff was so impressed (of course, so was I) but he was certain that we would end up getting our food to go. After supper we stopped at Mendards to do some shopping. It was fun to have a "night out" with my boys :)

Sunday was a day filled with visiting family and food. We had a delicious brunch at my parent's house. Honestly I could go for that spread over the traditional holiday lunch menu any day. We had a french toast bake, an egg bake, hashbrown potatoes, ham, fruit, muffins and punch. YUM!! My neice and nephew had an egg hunt and found their Easter pails. They were sure to point out where Garett's was. Again, more fun for Mommy than for Garett :)


My neice was so excited to spend some time with Garett holding him and even helping to feed him before we headed over to Jeff's parents for the afternoon. What a good little helper she was.


We got a picture of all the cousins together, but that was as much interest as my nephew showed in Garett. I am sure when he is more fun to play with, he'll pay more attention.


Jeff's parents had hosted some of the family for Easter luncheon, so we headed over there mid afternoon. It was fun to introduce Garett to the great aunts and uncles and cousins who hadn't met him yet. Everyone was vying for some snuggle time with him...but can you blame them?! He is just so dang cute!! :) It was so fun to see the family and have them interact with him and after the long day out, I especially enjoyed having him all to myself to cuddle when we got home.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Jaime he is getting so big!!! What a cutie. :) Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.... I love that you were able to be out and about with "your boys". So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete