How big is baby? I would still say a solid 11 lbs or more. It will be interesting to see where he weighs in at his 2 month appt, which is in two weeks. Everyone who sees him keeps commenting on how big he is getting and how much he is filling out. That just means he is a happy and healthy baby! What more could we ask for?!?!
Movement/Gestures? He has definitely found his fist and sucks on it often. Along with that and getting more frequent by the day, he is getting his thumb in his mouth and sucking on that…I am really diligent at pulling that out and replacing with a Nuk. A Nuk will be a lot easier to take away than a thumb, several months from now. Over the last day or two he has started to roll his head back and forth repetitively when lying on his back (I’m am hoping this is not fortelling of a tendency to say “NO” when being told what to do :)). He has found his ear a few times, generally when he is calm and in a near sleep state. His tongue is coming out more frequently, especially when we are “talking” and he occasionally forms spit bubbles between his lips…whether or not it is yet intentional, it sure is cute!
Sleep? Knock, knock (no this is not the start of some joke, I am electronically knocking on wood so as not to jinx myself)…we have actually been getting an average of 5 hours between feedings at night, which means we are only getting up once! YAY!!! Last night he actually went 8 hours between feedings. I fed him at 6:30 pm, finally got him to sleep at 8:30 and then he slept until 2:30. Unfortunately I woke up at 1:30 with throbbing and engorged boobs. After realizing what time it was, I jumped up, my heart dropping with every step, to make sure he was still breathing. Once I realized all was well and that he was just in a really deep sleep, I pumped several ounces to relieve the pressure and then went back to bed until he was ready to feed. I am excited to say that a somewhat regular night feeding schedule is forming!!! Double YAY!
Best Moment of the Week? Having him giggle, just once, at me when we were talking as I changed him! I have heard him giggle in his sleep, but it was amazing to hear him when he was awake. I can’t wait for him to do it again. Smiles are getting much more frequent and not only for Mom or Dad. He smiled at the nurses who were admiring him at my post-partum appt. I guess he thinks they are as special as we do!!
What I'm looking forward to? Seeing all the new things he will soon be learning to do. He amazes me more and more each day!!! My heart swells every time I simply look at him!
Milestones: Spending an evening with Grandma while Mom and Dad got out for an evening together. Giggling, sucking on his fist and thumb and pulling on his ear.
Temperment? Knock, knock…still happy and content, except when he is hungry or overtired.
How I'm Feeling Overall: I am loving being a mommy and am amazed everyday by how much I love this little person in my life. Getting a little sad and apprehensive about going back to work. Time is going way too fast!!!
What I miss? I wouldn’t trade my new world for ANYTHING!
Emotions? Amazement at everything he does.
And since I couldn't decide between the two pictures, you get two weekly photos. One with a smile and one where he's thinking, "Mom this is so boring, can we be done already?" I think they are quite self-explanatory.
No comments:
Post a Comment