Tuesday, January 11, 2011

32 weeks

How Far Along? 32 weeks and 5 days

How I'm Feeling Overall: Tired!

How big is baby? By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.



Movement? Still get punches and kicks, but the best part is when I can see my whole belly move as the baby shifts around.

Food Cravings/Aversions? Started eating my cereal again, though I haven’t been craving it the way I used to. Ice cream is on the top of my want list lately…which is why I won’t keep any in the house.

Symptoms: Still dealing with the back pain!!!!! But learning to deal with it. As long as I can lay with my body pillow, it makes things all better.

Maternity Clothes? Majority of my wardrobe, and I just got a tote full of new stuff from a friend to use for the rest of the pregnancy. That will help me to switch things up a bit.

Stretch Marks? So far so good, none in sight.

Weight gain? Still consistent with my week count, though at my last appt, I had lost a pound. I am assuming that had something to do with the flu. We’ll see how things look when I go in this week.

Sleep? Can’t get enough, but don’t have time to take naps. Feel like there is still so much to get ready before the baby gets here and it will be here sooner than later.

Best Moment of the Week? My baby shower (which I will get into more detail in my next post)

Gender? Surprise! Overall, still thinking boy.

What I miss? Being able to put my socks on…it’s even getting hard to step into my pants.

What I'm looking forward to? Finishing up odds and ends and feeling as prepared as possible…if that is possible?

And now for a 32 week (ish) picture.



I'll be back sometime tomorrow with an update about my baby shower this weekend.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a Lovely picture:) You def have the Prego Glow!!!! How lucky are you to have some more options for your wardrobe...I am getting so bored with the clothes I have and find I keep wearing the same thing or what is the most comfortable....Cant wait to hear about your Shower

    ReplyDelete