Monday, July 5, 2010

Beta # 3

This past Thursday marked the end of my 5th week of pregnancy. It is still sinking in that this dream has really come true for us. I am absolutely excited, yet completely scared at the same time.

I had A LOT of cramping last week, which worried me to no end. I know that cramping can be a very good sign, but I worried anyways. And then I would worry when I didn't feel any cramping!!!

On Thursday I had to stop at the clinic to get some more PIO. I have to take this through my 7th week and then I can get tested again to see if my levels are high enough to go off. So the shots continue for at least another 10 days. My poor bum is getting so sore...but it is OH SO WORTH IT...don't get me wrong :)

Since I was at the clinic I asked my nurse if she could run another beta for me. Six days had passed since my 2nd one, so had the levels been doubling every other day like they are supposed to, the number would have been a 1,080. I was ecstatic to hear that they rang in at a whomping 2,508!!!! My nurse wouldn't say whether that meant anything other than that the pregnancy is healthy, viable and growing like it should.

Those numbers definitely helped ease my mind some!! Now I just, no so, patiently wait for our ultrasound on July 15th!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So exciting, Jaime! You offer me so much hope! I will keep you in my prayers! I'm so excited for you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best on the 15th! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beyond thrilled for you and Jeff! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear! I'm *not so* patiently awaiting your ultrasound too! LOL Hugs hon!

    ReplyDelete