Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Plans Unforseen...

I just received some terrible news and my heart is absolutely breaking. Friends of ours were expecting their first baby in March and found out today that the baby had passed away in utero. I thought writing about it would help, but there are just no words to describe how I feel...for them...for myself...for life in general and how unfair it can be at times?

I know that God has a plan. I honestly believe that, I don't just say it because it sounds good. But sometimes I truly hate that I can't see the why behind the bad things that happen or see how and when the upside will present itself.

Two years ago, my husband and I also lost our first baby. I can begin to understand the sense of loss they are feeling...the loss of your future, the loss of your dreams, the loss of your hope. But unlike our friends, we lost our baby during the first trimester, so we never got to experience a growing belly, feeling the baby kick or seeing it's gimmicks on the ultrasound machine. I can't even begin to imagine the sense of losing your child's life...

My heart is breaking and I know there is nothing I can do to make them feel better. Instead I will keep them in my prayers and make myself available as needed.

God, I know you have a plan...for each of us, and until those plans reveal themselves, I will have faith. But in the meantime, please watch over my friends and help them heal from this tragedy.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment