Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Animal Abuse?

I am currently taking a photography class with my mom and a couple of friends. One of our assignments this week was to get a portrait of someone using only natural light. Since I don't have any children I could torture and was too sick with a cold to visit my friends who do have children and abuse them for a while, I went with a tried and true choice...my puppy dog.

I have tried to photograph Gus, my super adorable, soft & cuddly, crazy ball retreiving, yellow lab, in the past and haven't always had the best luck. His attention span isn't the longest, he is more interested in playing with his toys, or getting me to play with his toys with him, rather than listening when I say "Sit" or "Stay". But as luck would have it, he was either in a listening mood or didn't have the energy to "argue" with me about "Sitting and Staying."

I probably took upwards of 50-75 pictures, but it was definitely worth it. I got a couple of really great shots...at least I think they are :)



Had my husband been home, he probably would have told me to stop abusing the dog. But can you honestly tell me that a little abuse isn't worth it to get a few great shots like this? He doesn't look too unhappy does he?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment