Friday, July 21, 2017

H - 1 week old



How Old? 1 week old

How big is baby?  We had his two day weight and color check on Friday and he was already back up to 8#4.5 oz…when we left the hospital on Wednesday he was 7#14oz.  Needless to say this boy has been doing a whole lot of eating.   His length at the check up was at 21.75”, hard to believe but he has grown almost an inch already! 

Features/Changes?  When he was first born, I thought he looked exactly like G2, aside from his nose which I didn’t think matched either G1 or G2.  Overall, I still feel like I am holding a mini male version of G2, but am starting to see some more similarities to G1 as he fills out a bit.

Movment/Gestures?  Henry loves to smile and smirk in his sleep, he will even take a break from nursing and get a smile on his face before getting back to the business of eating.  When he gets hungry and isn’t getting put on the boob immediately, he gets mad. He starts bobbing his head, making a repetitive squeaking noise, while pecking his mouth at my shoulder and even trying to nurse my cheek a time or two.

Sleep?  The nights spent in the hospital didn’t lend itself to much sleep. H cluster-fed like crazy both nights, finally giving me a couple hours of uninterrupted sleep our last morning there.  Then the first couple  of nights home, he actually gave me four hour chunks of uninterrupted sleep. I remember Jeff waking up just before me and springing out of bed to make sure he was still breathing. Sadly that honeymoon came to an end and after two more nights of cluster feeding and falling asleep in the recliner, I just started bringing him into bed with us, where he can nurse and then we both doze.

Milestones:  Getting breast feeding down. Surpassing his birthweight, confirmed at Tuesday checkup where he was 8#9oz.

Temperament?   Happy and content, except when he gets hungry.  Then the lungs turn on J

Emotions?  Will admit, I’m a rollercoaster ride for my family these days…J

How I'm Feeling Overall:  Tired! And trying to keep my patience with the other two munchkins and remember they may be acting out because they are transitioning and adjusting to this change too. Although I don’t get outside often, just knowing I have the option and am not on lock down is helping to keep the blues at bay this time around!


Weight loss for Mommy?  I gained 36 pounds with this pregnancy and when I weighed myself on Monday, I had already lost 26lbs, leaving 10 lbs to go. 


He is so loved!!!!






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment