How big is baby? I will be able to weigh her on Friday, so I will update then. I am in the process of washing up her 6 month clothes so that she can start going into it. She did wear a 6 month size outfit this weekend…and the weekend prior and they are not overly huge on her.
Movment/Gestures? She is almost rolling over. She gets onto her side, but her arm usually blocks her progress at rolling completely over on to her tummy. It will only be a matter of time before she gets enough UMPH to get over totally. In her rocking movements, she has been turning her head from side to side quite a bit. She usually spins a 180 in her sleep. With all the head turning, she is actually wearing off some of her hair in the back. She has a definite bald spot, but at least she has other hair which allows we to do a “comb over” of the missing portion :) Another new development is her giggles. The other day, she actually responded with giggles when I tickled her ribcage. Seeing her scrunch up with smiles and giggles from a tickle is the cutest thing!!!
Sleep? Been up and down this week. Some nights she will sleep for 8 or 9 hours and then other nights she is up 4-6 hours after her last feeding. Since I am exhausted due to heading back to work, she ends up in our bed more often than not, whether to feed or just to cuddle and go back to sleep. I am hoping things will even out once we get on a regular schedule with daycare. The past few weeks she has been spending some days with me when I am still off part time, some other days with Grandma and then the remaining ones at daycare, therefore no consistent schedule. But that is OK, time will tell and in the meantime, we will survive!
Best Moment of the Week? Her Baptism
Milestones: Baptism, giggles when being tickled
Stories we’ll tell for years to come: She was an angel during the church service of her baptism. She didn’t cry at all when the water was placed on her head and then fell asleep soon after that portion of the service, sleeping right up to the end. Her brother on the other hand was a shyster and used quite the theatrics during her baptism. Quite the embarrassment, but funny when you look back on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment