Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weekly Update - 2 Weeks

I decided to spin the weekly pregnancy updates I was doing and use it as a tool to document Garett's weekly progress for a while. So here goes:

How Old? 2 Weeks

How big is baby? Garett weighed in today at 8#6oz. He has surpassed his birth weight and is gaining weight like he should be. Guess that means Mommy is feeding him well.

Movement/Gestures? Loves to wave his arms around and kick his legs. Sticking out his tongue...especially when hungry. And when not swaddled, he loves to sleep like this:


Sleep? Garett actually lets Mommy get a good solid 4 hours of sleep at night before he’s hungry again. Sometimes even a little longer.
Best Moment of the Week? I love all my moments with him, so picking a best is hard, but it would probably be the smiles he has started giving me when I talk to him.

What I'm looking forward to? Being able to be out and about with him.

Emotions? A Love so deep I can’t even explain it. Fear and worry like I’ve never experienced. This is something you cannot even begin to understand until you are a parent.

Milestones: Surpassing his birth weight!

What I miss? My independence. Although I am loving my time with him, I am having a hard time being stuck inside and relying on other people to do errands and other things for me. I have always been able to go as I please and right now that isn’t an option. Since I am the meal ticket and we don’t want to take him out in public yet, I am home with him. A couple more weeks and we should be good to go. The weather will be nicer, so we can go for walks and the cold/flu season will be on the way out, and then we can run errands together.

Weight loss for Mommy? Gained a little over 50 lbs with the pregnancy. So far I am down 30 lbs already…thank you breastfeeding.

Weekly Wisdom: Sleep when the baby sleeps!!! I had a hard time with this when I first got home. Instead of resting when he did, I used the time to get stuff done…which resulted in me being beyond exhausted. Now I make myself take at least one nap with him.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Praying that this snow goes away SOON and you can get outside on walks with your baby!! Let me know when you're ready.... I can bring the boys over and we can go for a walk. :)

    ReplyDelete