Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mixed Emotions

My upcoming due date conjures a mix of emotions within me.

On one hand, I am sad that this pregnancy will be over. As uncomfortable as I am, I am not completely ready to be UNpregnant. Although I don’t want to dwell on the fact, this may be the one and only time I get to experience pregnancy and I want to cherish every moment. It irritates me when I go through my moments of impatience and just want to be done because there are so many things I am going to miss. Like sitting quietly and watching my belly change shapes as the baby moves around. Just feeling the life within me; moving, kicking, shifting or hiccupping. Believe it or not…I am going to miss the belly. I am in complete awe every time I look at it. Don’t get me wrong…I do miss my pre-pregnancy figure, but I have become quite attached to my beautiful bump (I know, I’m biased, but what can I say). I’ll admit, I can’t walk past a mirror without pausing to take in the sight of it. :) And although I am certain this will continue for Schmoopie once he/she gets here, I will definitely miss having hubby talk to my baby bump in his own goofy way.

On the other hand, I realize there are so many things to look forward to and I am beyond excited that we will finally get to meet the little person that has been growing inside of me for the last 9 months. I am getting very anxious to know if Schmoopie is a He or a She. (Yes, I have contemplated opening up the envelope). I can’t wait to see if he will have a head full of hair or be a complete cue ball (since I have had minimal to no heartburn, we’ll see if the old wives tale hold true). I am curious which features, disposition and mannerisms she will inherit from each of us; whether or not she will be long and skinny or have chubby cheeks with her Daddy's dimple. I long to plant kisses all over his face and snuggle him close. I can’t wait to just stare at her for hours and see Daddy become wrapped tight around her little finger.

Emotional rollercoaster aside, I am so completely ready to fall helplessly and hopelessly in love.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. LOL I can relate to everything you're saying. The awe, the anticipation, the love of a little person you haven't met yet. Jaime, if you are already feeling this way, I can't wait until you are blindsided with the love you feel when you finally get to hold your baby. Ooooh, and to see Jeff with him/her. You will fall in love with your hubby all over again. Many prayers for you guys in the days ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so close:) and when you start feeling like this I think the baby will come anyday now...I am so exctited to find out if its a boy or a girl!!!

    ReplyDelete