As I sit here, sandwiched between my sleeping husband and a snuggly, napping nephew, I realize how quiet it is. Not only in my physical surroundings, but also IN my head. This is a place in which there hasn't been silence for quite some time.
Without all the commotion going on inside, I actually have time to think, and ponder, and reflect ... on alot of things. Some good and some not so good. I am really not quite sure what to make of it...all this thinking and reflecting...or whether I really like what I am realizing. But like it or not, deep down I know that I need to face these things.
i have been going full steam ahead for so long, too long really, and I do not want to live my life just going through the motions.
I must recognize that material things or experiences do not define me or what others think about me. I need to remember who I really am or who I want to become. I need to repair my relationships with family and friends and let them know how much they mean to me. I need to reconnect with Jesus Christ and continue to grow my faith in Him. Bascially, I need to reprioritize what is truly important....
And slowly, in the silence, I will do just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment